How to plan a company retreat in Malta?
Sunny, stunning Malta is a tiny, English-speaking archipelago of islands located just south of Sicily, in the heart of the Mediterranean. Less than 316 km² of land mass is inhabited by almost half a million people. The country consists of three main islands: Malta, Gozo and Comino, and a dozen or so tiny atolls, rising out of the shoreline.
The Maltese islands are located on one of the main sea routes connecting Europe with Asia and Africa, they have been a haven for merchant ships for a millennium. At the same time, they attracted pirates and other invaders with their strategic location, favorable climate, beautiful landscape and with the lack of dangerous animals and insects enticing settlers further.
Malta has almost 7,000 years of history, including three sites inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List. From the megalithic temples of Ħaġar Qim, considered one of the world’s oldest free-standing constructions, far older than the Egyptian Pyramids! To the opulent and rich architecture of the baroque capital of Malta. Valletta, known as the “open-air museum”, received the title of “European Capital of Culture 2018”.
The Maltese are also devoutly religious Catholics, boasting over 360 churches, including the capital’s St. John’s Co – Cathedral, with the famous painting by Caravaggio from 1607, depicting the death of John the Baptist.
The surrounding areas of Sliema, Gzira and St. Julian’s
Bugibba, Qawra, St. Paul’s Bay
Mellieħa area – peace, beaches and nature
Island of Gozo – Malta’s Green Lungs
Gozo is a favorite place among the Maltese, for a weekend getaway. The island with an area of 67 km², on which a ferry from the port of Malta can be reached in less than 30 minutes, is the quintessence of relaxation combined with beautiful landscapes and cliffs. Quiet and unspoilt, Gozo offers several good quality hotels that can accommodate groups of several dozen. The island of Gozo is recommended for 2-day business events, especially for companies preparing an incentive trip to Malta for their employees. A group stay with accommodation on Gozo is usually an addition to other accommodation and the stay program on the island of Malta.
Comino is a virtually uninhabited island with an area of 3.5 km². It does not have hotel any infrastructure, and we can get to it only by boat, as part of a cruise.
The tourist year for business / company / group trips in the Maltese Islands is most easily divided into three periods.
November to March
- Cheapest hotel prices
- Lowest flight prices
- The perfect time for conferences, especially for large groups
- Great time to explore the island for groups with elderly people, pilgrimages, etc. Malta is blooming at the time – it resembles the Polish spring
April – June, October
- Favorite term for corporate groups
- Moderate accommodation prices
- Bathing season
- Moderate air temperature (approx. 25 ° C)
- Possibility of sudden but strong showers
July – September
- Sunny, rainless holiday weather
- The water temperature in the sea is even 26 ° C
- A rich calendar of concerts, festivals, and other events
- Open season for seaside bars and discos under the open sky
- High prices of all hotelsNo availability for larger groups
- High temperature and humidity can be uncomfortable for the elderly
- rabbit dishes – fenkata
- local fish – lampuki
- goat’s cheese – ġbejniet
- Gozitan olive oil
- ‘Ftira’ traditional bread with tuna – Ħobż biż-Żejt
- Local Pastries – pastizzi